One of the earliest phototips in this 365 series was about workshops. Photography workshops are available for all manner of photographers at a range of different levels ranging from novice to experienced professional and covering topics from basic image processing to multi-day travel documentary journeys. I’ve recently started compiling a list of some great upcoming workshops that will be taking place in various parts of the world in 2011 that are sure to be beneficial depending on your interests. Whether it’s travels through Turkey, a lighting workshop in the US or diving into multimedia, there’s bound to be something to cater to your needs.
– Intensive hands-on workshops in multimedia storytelling. Week long workshops held in New York city reporting and editing multimedia projects ready for distribution and publication. March 5-11, July 23-29 or November 12-18. $3500. Details here.
– Don Giannatti holds small group, day long workshops at various times throughout the year in different locations around the US. $550. Details here.
– 10 instructors on hand over a week long workshop in adventure photography covering areas such as climbing, kayaking, trail running and more. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming. September 24-29 $1950. Details here.
– Practical multimedia workshop in partnership with Aurora Photos and featuring a range of the world’s leading instructors. Boulder, Colorado, May 26-29. Price TBD. Details here.
– One workshop is listed at the moment but I’m sure there’ll be more added. Listed so far is Myanmar (Burma) for 2 weeks in early February. Looks to be a travel photographer’s dream. Myanmar, February 02-13. $5300 Details here.
– IGVP Guild members Matt Brandon and Matt Powell lead 2 back-to-back tour workshops through Turkey. May. $2750 per workshop. Details here.
– Focus for Humanity’s Marco Ryan and Matt Brandon team up for a week long Nile River workshop, sailing from Luxor to Aswan. October 14-21 $4935 Details here.
– Join Gary Knight and Philip Bleckinsop on a 10 day documentary type workshop through Rajasthan, India. February 7-17. $3950 Details here.
– Zack Arias’ famed One Light workshops take place in a variety of cities across the US. $800. Details here.
– A series of workshops from instructors such as Joe McNally, Louis Pang, Dane Sanders and more. Taking place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia with additional workshops in Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia. January. Prices vary. Details here for Creative Asia and here for Joe McNally.
There are more workshops than that but they either haven’t been announced yet or have already sold out. As I find more, I’ll try to update this page.
That was the 349th Daily PhotoTip. If this post was useful to you, why don’t you subscribe to my feed, leave a comment and share it with your friends. You can also get access to exclusive content and special offers by subscribing to my newsletter. Sign up today. Thank you.